New Study Reveals that Data Collection increases by 73% during the holidays! According to Hootsuite 58% of marketers who have been using social media for three years or longer state that social media has helped them boost sales.
Savvy marketers would leverage the big holiday push to build a Holiday Lead Generating Machine! And since I know you are one of those “savvy marketers” I’ve put together a complete guide that will help you grow your email list and launch you into 2016.
STEP 1: Set Your Goal
No, really…the first step in launching your holiday marketing campaign is to set your goal. How many leads would you like to capture in the next 30 days?
STEP 2: Decide on Your Offer / Giveaway
Your offer is the “ethical bribe” that you give away in exchange for a prospects name and email.
STEP 3: Develop Your Promotion Plan
Your promotional plan is the method you use to spread the word (or gain awareness) about your offer / giveaway. The success of your Holiday Marketing Campaign will rise (or fall) on how well you promote your offer / giveaway.
Here is a list of the seven powerful strategies that can help you gain exposure to your offer / giveaway quickly:
* Use the power of your social media platforms to gain awareness by posting a link to your campaign.
* Step up your exposure by running Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Linkedin ads to advertise your campaign.
* Install a website header notification bar like HelloBar on your website.
* Use Convert Flow to create a Pop Up on your website.
* Add call to action footer images on your blog posts.
* Ad a display ad in the sidebar of your website.
* Send a broadcast to your existing list. While this may not capture NEW leads it can definitely re-engage your existing list.
STEP 4: Create a Super Powered Promotion
There are plenty of campaign building platforms to choose from…but none are as fun as the Scratch Ticket Promo (at least I like to think so :) You can use the scratch ticket promo to capture new leads by giving away some “holiday bucks”, re-engage your existing customers by offering a discount on Cyber Monday, engage your fans on social media by giving away something irresistible for free, or use it as part of your customer nurture funnel and use it to reward loyal customers as part of a loyalty funnel…the possibilities are endless! CLICK HERE to SEE HOW IT WORKS!
STEP 5: Ready for Launch!
Implement your promotion plan to spread the word about your promotional offer! Have fun thinking of all the great ways you can use your Scratch Ticket Promo in your Holiday Marketing Campaign.
Using Vine to Market Your Small Business
Video has emerged as one of the most effective mediums to connect with consumers as you communicate your marketing message. Forbes wrote and article in 2013 on why online video is vital to your content marketing objectives, highlighting the response rate of video over other formats. Head on over to your Facebook page today and you’ll see your news feed flooded with video.
While many small businesses would agree that video offers considerable benefits, many businesses lack the resources and/or budget to create video content…until now.
Vine is a video sharing mobile app that allows you to create short, looping videos in a simple and fun way to share with friends, family, and even your target audience! The videos are usually 6 seconds or less long and complied of clips of random things. The short clips create a stop-motion-effect video. The most popular and vital videos are one’s that are funny.
So, how can a small business use an app like this in marketing? Here’s a few things vine offers the intelligent marketer:
- It requires no skill to create a video (ok, so maybe you have to be a little creative)…but to make the video itself requires no skill.
- There is no major publication process. You don’t need to be a videoographer to edit…just shoot and share!
- It’s free! Businesses can create video’s for their target audience that are funny, informative or useful.
- Check out how Lowe’s has created useful vines to connect to their audience.
- Check out how GAP has used Vine to tell the story of their 1969 jean.
Follow these three steps to create your first vine:
- Download the app on your iPhone or Android
- Decide on your idea. Are you going to create something that is funny, informative or useful?
- Create your vine:
- Create your vine by holding your finger on the screen, and then let go when you want to stop recording.
- Your vine must be a minimum of 6 seconds.
- Once your vine is created you can create a message and upload it to Vine, Twitter, and Facebook.
Share any Vine video (on Twitter, Facebook, your Blog, wherever!). Follow these steps to quickly embed and share your Vine video:
- Share on Twitter or Facebook, simply find the video you wish to share and copy the video’s URL; then paste the URL where you wish to share it with the rest of your message.
- Embed the Vine video in your blog by selecting “Embed” in the top right corner of your vine, on the left side of the screen select the size you would like your vine to be displayed (in pixels) and then copy the HTML code. Paste the HTML code on your WordPress blog page. Once you paste it you will be able to view the video directly from the editor. It will look like this:
Have fun creating funny, informational, and inspiring videos to help you market your small business!