Many define a brand as the name of a business, a logo, a sign, and the consistency of design associated with a company or product…and it is, but these are not the only factors associated to a brand. Actually, I would challenge that they are not even the MOST important factors of a brand.
A brand can be defined as the image people have about your company, product, or service. Your brand incorporates:
· Who you are…
· What you stand for…
· Your identity
· Your personality
· Your uniqueness
· An impression
· An image
· A tone (or voice)
I could go on and on…but you get the point. A brand incorporates EVERYTHING that you do, provide, and stand for as a company.
A well defined brand builds loyalty, creates value, and drives sales…everything a small business owner desires!
I have a little exercise for you to determine if your brand is as strong as you would like it to be. I challenge you to pull out a pen (yep, right now…) and answer these 6 questions:
- List 10 things that you would like to be known for in your business (Examples: Best in Customer Service, Fun, Inspiring, Quality, Over-Deliver, etc.)
- Take the list you created and circle the 3 – 4 MOST IMPORTANT attributes you would like to be known for.
- Next, place a star next to the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT attribute you would most want to be known for in business.
- Once you have the single most important attribute you would like to be known for ask yourself, “does your brand and current marketing strategies reflect what’s most important to you”?
- Create a list of what do you in marketing your brand that reflects the image you desire.
- Lastly, identify opportunities to “up your game” in marketing your brand.
Keep in mind that your brand is the SUM TOTAL of the experience you give your customers. I challenge you to spend some time really identifying what you want your brand to be, what you want to be known for, and then identify opportunities to TREMENDOUSLY increase your brand value and let your personality and uniqueness shine through!
I’ve said it many times before, but I’ll say it again…
It’s never been easier for small business owners to market their business as it RIGHT NOW…the question is, are you ready to take advantage of today’s marketing possibilities?
Most small business owners understand the importance of marketing their business, yet 90% don’t even have a marketing plan. Marketing has always been an overwhelming area for small business owners and now with social media in the mix, it’s almost put them over the edge!
Many marketers launch their social media programs because they hear it’s a “must have” but then scramble to understand how to make it work in their busy schedule.
The key to marketing success is building the right social strategy for your brand, and it’s important to understand that there’s not a “one size fits all” marketing solution.
The question I get asked most is, “what should I be doing”? That’s a great question and just one of the topics we will cover at your FREE 60 Minute 1-on-1 Coaching Session. When I know more about your business we will put together a customized strategy that empowers you to take control of your business growth by inexpensively – yet effectively – marketing your business.
Misty – Your Marketing Coach
The days of traditional advertising (push marketing) are long gone…or at least the rules have changed – A LOT. Push marketing is a one way street where advertisers look to capture the attention of their market by”pushing” advertisements in the market and hoping that they get a response. This was one of the most effective means of marketing for years…but not anymore. Consumers are tired of products / services being “pushed” on them. Today’s consumer will do business with companies that they know, “LIKE”, and “FOLLOW”.
Who they choose to know, “LIKE”, and “FOLLOW” are those companies that have mastered relationship marketing (pull marketing)…companies that have:
1. Built a relationship with them
2. Offered them information that adds value to their life
3. Which ultimately, will gain their trust (oh yea, and business :D
The rules of marketing have changed…the question is – have you? The solution is simple…choose your marketing around:
1. Adding value in people’s lives
2. And building a relationship that fosters trust
The businesses that incorporate these concepts will not only grow their businesses but also make a positive impact in the lives of others. Doesn’t that sound like so much more FUN!!!! :D
If you still need help on WHAT to post to build a relationships, add value, and pull people into your business go to my contact page and we can sit down and do a FREE 1-on-1 Coaching Session.
Misty – Your Marketing Coach